Monday, February 1, 2010

Cantina

Date
8/5/09 (I think)

Location
Where Martha's Cafe used to be
Elliewood Avenue, across from the Biltmore
11 Elliewood Avenue

What I ate
Tuna taco, chicken burrito

Who went
Kelly, Matt, Larson, Suzie, Xander, Elise

Thoughts
This review is over 6 months late now, so my memory of it is kinda spotty.  I was definitely sad to see Martha's go, but I think this place will be alright.  The food was tasty and, despite some growing pains, it looks like they might stick around there for a while.  I'm interested to see how things are now that they've been open for a few months.

If I recall correctly, both tacos were cooked well and definitely not dried out.  The flavors weren't amazing, but they definitely weren't bland.  I think they even had a nice little kick, but I could just be making that up at this point.

Recap
Pros - good food, pretty well priced
Cons - limited selection
Overall - If memory serves, it's a pretty solid place to go on the Corner.  It would probably work well as a nice, quick dinner for someone who works near the Corner or had a long day on Grounds.

No comments: