Monday, October 24, 2016

Bistro Mediterranean and Tapas Bar

Date
10/4/2014

Location
Shoreline Westbrook
704 Boston Post Road

What I ate
Piquillo peppers stuffed with braised lamb in a port wine and shallot sauce
Steak tartare with quail egg and garlic crostini
Octopus with chili sauce

What I sampled
Codfish croquettes
Fried eggplant with mozzarella over a tomato ragu with basil pesto
Duck empanadas

Who came
Helena, Rempe, Erin, Ethan, Christine, Jolene, Michael, Talina, Lisbeth, Elias, Carla, Lia

Website
Bistro - Westbrook

Thoughts
I started this review over two years ago and never finished. Unfortunately, my memory is a little foggy. Fortunately, I went back a few times and had a bunch of other dishes. I went by myself once or twice - thanks, Old Lyme Town Band! - and with friends for a few other dinners. All told, the food was always delicious, the service and ambiance were nice, and the prices weren't bad. It's one of my favorite places on the shoreline.

Recap
Pros - delicious, varied, and (apparently) authentic tapas
Cons - still working on service, minimal beer selections
Overall - This is a great place for a nice night out, especially with a group.  I'll have to go back and get entrees, but the variety of interesting and tasty tapas will win out almost every time.  Go here.  Bring friends.

No comments: