Monday, October 24, 2016

Chow Food and Beverage Co.

Date
6/28/2016

Location
Clinton, next to the Outlets
36 Killingworth Turnpike, Clinton, CT

What I ate
Burnt end croute
The Gams pizza (Aged cheddar, smoked chicken, scallions, and raspberry-honey BBQ sauce)

What I drank
Black Hog S.W.A.G.
Two Roads Esspressway

Website
CHOW

Thoughts
I'm out of practice, so please forgive the brevity.

The only negative I can conjure up is that it took a little while for the waitress to notice my glass was empty. That said, I'm sure I would've gotten her attention if I'd tried to get it.

The small outdoor space is nice, too. I hope they do something with it for lazy summer nights.

P.S. To the woman a few tables over - If I can see the pink in your steak from my table, your steak is not well done.

P.P.S. I went back a few days later, just before leaving CT, and had a great meal with friends.

Recap
Pros - Tasty food, good pacing
Cons - Nothing stood out, I'd just be picking nits
Overall - Big fan. I'm moving soon and I'm sad I waited so long to find this place.

No comments: